Dan Millman is a former world champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor. After an intensive, twenty-year spiritual quest, Dan’s teaching found its form as the Peaceful Warrior’s Way expressed fully in his books and lectures. His work continues to evolve over time, to meet the needs of a changing world.
Dan’s seventeen books, including Way of the Peaceful Warrior, have inspired and informed millions of readers in 29 languages worldwide. The feature film, “Peaceful Warrior,” starring Nick Nolte, was adapted from Dan’s first book, based upon incidents from his life.
Much of Dan’s time is devoted to writing and speaking. His keynotes, seminars, and workshops span the generations to influence men and women from all walks of life, including leaders in the fields of health, psychology, education, business, politics, sports, entertainment, and the arts.
Dan and his wife Joy live in Brooklyn, NY. They have three grown daughters and four grandchildren.
Works by Dan Millman:
- 1979: Whole Body Fitness
- 1980: Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives
- 1985: The Warrior Athlete (revised edition of Whole Body Fitness)
- 1990: Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
- 1991: Secret of the Peaceful Warrior (for children, illustrated by Taylor Bruce)
- 1992: No Ordinary Moments: A Peaceful Warrior’s Guide to Daily Life
- 1993: Quest for the Crystal Castle (for children, illustrated by Taylor Bruce)
- 1994: The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose
- 1995: The Laws of Spirit: A Tale of Transformation
- 1998: Everyday Enlightenment: The Twelve Gateways to Personal Growth
- 1999: Body Mind Mastery (revised edition of The Warrior Athlete)
- 2000: Living on Purpose: Straight Answers to Life’s Tough Questions
- 2006: The Journeys of Socrates
- 2007: Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior: A Companion to the Book that Changes Lives
- 2009: Bridge Between Worlds: Extraordinary Experiences that Changed Lives (with co-author Doug Childers)
- 2010: Peaceful Warrior: The Graphic Novel (illustrated by Andrew Winegarner)
- 2011: The Four Purposes of Life: Finding Meaning and Direction in a Changing World
- 2013: The Creative Compass: Writing Your Way from Inspiration to Publication (with co-author Sierra Prasada)
Learn more at http://www.peacefulwarrior.com/